Let’s discuss the issue of constipation. If you have struggled with constipation, you must know that you have to keep yourself hydrated and have to take plentiful fibers and staying physically active. But there is another important thing along with fiber and that is magnesium.
Magnesium is an important ingredient for proper digestion but our consumption of filtered water and commercial mass-produced vegetables and fruit decreases the levels of magnesium. Water filtration removes 99.9% of all magnesium from drinking water, unlike water flowing over rocks and minerals in rivers and streams. Modern day produce typically has about half the magnesium than that of conventionally-farmed, organic, or homegrown lettuce, spinach, and green peppers. By consuming wheat- and grain we are exposed to plentiful quantities of phytes. A type of acid because of which necessary magnesium is stopped for absorption of food in the digestive system and our bowel movements are disturbed. Eliminating wheat/grains, then replenishing magnesium helps restore normal bowel movement.
People who are unable to take magnesium due to a medical condition or intolerance can try soluble fiber.
Big Pharma makes big business out of artificial laxatives. These artificial laxatives disturb natural movement of intestines which is necessary for movement of bowels and then exiting from the body. Some of the worst constipation ever seen is called “obstipation” in which people experience bowel movements as long as every several weeks despite enemas, laxative, stool softeners, and useless advice from gastroenterologists. elimination. Resultantly constipation comes back to stay like forever.
Things to do in constipation:
- Water………water…………. water. Drink plenty of water. Keep your self hydrate.
- Eat Magnesium and Fiber rich foods like, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashew, Avocado, Low-Fat Yogurt mixed with water, Dry Fruit (except peanuts), Strawberries, Figs, Guava, Dates, Dates boiled in milk, a lot of salad, Melon, Water Melon, Papaya, Use honey, Apricot, Plum, Use vegetables,
- Do light exercise and walk frequently. Take plenty of water after you feel you have sweated a lot. Keep yourself light weight and never grow a tummy.
- At any cost avoid using un natural laxatives except in extreme case.
- Make a routine to go to bathroom. Use old flush system instead of comot. Do not force your stole try again and again after eating something.
- Do not do dieting without consultation as it will surely introduce you to constipation.
- Avoid bakery items, fast food, cold drinks and citrus related things.
- Do not take green tea unnecessarily, it will dry out your intestines.
By Rooman Ali Syed